June 7, 2011

New toys and materials

A package of goodies arrived today with my latest order from eurorailhobbies.com. I got a small engine shed kit which I promptly built, 2 Faller viaduct kits which I plan to kitbash into a double wide viaduct to cross my little river, some wall texture material and a cd from Noch with paper card kit low relief models for alpine landscapes. I'll post images of each of these as I use them.

The Shed:
I ordered this little shed thinking I'd put it at the end of a spur line and it could house my V60 switcher.

Well, it is a very simple kit, I spent maybe 90 minutes on it and just did some basic painting/weathering so it wouldn't look fresh out of the box.  I don't have a ready spot on my layout for it, no scenery is even started yet, so there's not much point in detailing it yet.

Anyhow, I put it down on some green plywood and snapped a few images on my phone to share with the world.  And guess what?  The V60 does not fit!  My smallest engine is too long.   It almost gets in there, but the doors certainly can't close.   So, on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd have to say I'm mildly disappointed.

See for yourself:



It won't fit!



No comments:

Post a Comment