June 9, 2011

The allure of HO


Sometimes HO really rubs it in.  Sure, going HO would have meant everything would br really compressed, and I'd not get long runs, and probably only have a single mainline and no real sense of travel, but then something comes along and reminds me what I'm not getting in N.   I'm not getting the crazy level of detail, I'm not getting the big sturdy models, the larger selection, and most annoyingly, the really cool new bleeding edge tech like dynamic steam.  Check out the video below.  Note that the steam comes from the pistons, not just the stack.  Then take a deep breath, because this is a $700 toy!


Updated the video link.

1 comment:

  1. Well, there you go...for $700, I'll stick with my diminutive N scale! :-)

    I actually left O Gauge for N scale several years back...it was a nice change to go from paying on average $400 to start for any locomotive, to prices that are usually one quarter of that.

    ReplyDelete