September 14, 2015

Adding some greenery

This post is filled with more pictures of work in progress.   It's not the pretty finished work most of us like to showcase, these are process photos and may be useful to others doing similar construction.  

In the image below you can see that I've started to add trees.  I've picked out a spot for a rural farmhouse, and I've been blending the rock colours together.  There's still exposed plaster below the bridge and by the tunnel mouse, and lots of flecks of plaster strewn about. 


 Looking at the same corner from the other side.  Again, much work on normalizing the rock colors, and this tunnel portal has been cleaned up.   I'm thinking I'll have another little farm here, maybe a fence by the rail line, and then a service depot in the foreground.


The ridge line is now mostly covered and I've finished major ballasting, I think I have one 3" segment remaining, and I'm thrilled to be done with it.  Ballasting looks great but N scale is not forgiving when it comes to stray pebbles and glue. 


There's still lots of work to be done however!


The next major thing I plan to tackle is my town.  I've decided to build it higher density then I had originally planned.   I have several kits on order, and I will be adding another road and packing things in tighter then I had previously roughed out.  Also, I'm unsure about my current geography- I'm not so keen on my rick lined road as I once was and I think I may just flatten this down some and go for grass. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment