July 6, 2012

Urban Development

Continuing to develop the main village today I began to lay the foundations for the hillside.  Below are a few images showing the process.


Above is my village area with the buildings removed.  Each has an outline traced on the table with a sharpie marker, and for those that will sit atop the hill I've already positioned wires to power the interior lights.


It's not much to look at yet, my base is a combination of 1/4" plywood, 1" extruded foam and strategically balled wads of old newspaper (not pictured)   It's all help in place with white glue, and masking tape in the case of the newspaper.   You can see I've use some handy bottles and cans to weigh down my foam board as the glue dries.


Here we are a few hours later.  Newspapers drop sheets now protect not just the track but the ballasted area in the foreground.  I've cut up one full roll of plaster cloth into 4" strips and applied it to my hillside.  Once this dries a second later will go on.


The flat spots will be the foundations of structures.  After the second coat goes on and dries I'll begin considering where the rock face will poke through the grass.

That's it for today. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment