March 24, 2012

Progress



Work has been ongoing but it is not work with much visual appeal and so I've been reluctant to post, as I know everyone likes pictures.  Here's what's new:

- I now have 43 sensors (vertical reed switches) on my track, and 5 in hand.  I'm going to hold off on installing the last few till I have a good sense of my current coverage.

- Ballasting work continues.  I am about 30% done now.  Hoes does one ballast about a switch?!?

- The train PC has been upgraded.  It was an old xeon server, it's not a much newer dual core system with a ton more ram, a raid boot volume and many generations better graphics.  Why?  Because I can.  

- I've discovered that windows 7 does not cope with multiple identical web cams.   If you plan to use several, vary your brands.  (I'm working on live cams for my tunnels).

- The wifi camera car project has taken a step back with Win7, seems the very cheap hardware used has little modern driver support.


More, with pictures, soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment