February 22, 2012

Micro Update

Hi all, sorry for the lack of updates of late but it's been a busy time.  Here's what's new:

- I now have 24 sensors installed and with them have run 4 locomotives simultaneously for 30 minutes entirely under computer control, with the system throwing switches, picking routes, letting trains pass one another all without incident.
- I have discovered one of my locomotives, a Bachmann British Rail Class 37 souvenir from my trip to England last summer suddenly does not work.  It has previously been entirely reliable.  When I went to use it a few days ago it was unresponsive.  I've tried it with analog DC power as well, it's inert.  Contacts look good, decoder is properly seated, internal wires look fine, wheels are clean: I am at a loss.
- I dropped a locomotive!   My Minitrix SBB AM 4/4!  It fell about 2 feet and landed on it's wheels in a wooden drawer.   Now it's gears on both trucks are misaligned, it makes terrible noises and produced little pull.   This has lead me to realize that attrition through my own incompetence is probably the greatest long term risk my toys face.  Rather disheartening.

I'll have more later,

James


No comments:

Post a Comment